Monday, May 5, 2008

Catorce Días!


Turns out, Cinco de Mayo will always fall two weeks before our wedding anniversary. Maybe we'll plan on celebrating early with Mexican getaways. Or a few weeks later over that rousing June holiday, Flag Day.

Paul and I did host a small, on-the-fly Cinco de Mayo party, serving up margaritas and chips and Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass. {One friend brought over the little "potted plants" of ice cream and Oreo left from my Saturday bachelorette party. Yum.} We haven't hosted much in the last few weeks because - well, my house is messy. With planning for Napa, coordinating with Mom, attempted house buying, and looming work deadlines- laundry, dusting, and de-winterizing my porch has fallen somewhere below sleeping and eating on the to do list.

We decided against the house we were buying after the seller wouldn't compromise with us on issues revealed in the inspection. But it's okay - we'll just put Paul's stuff in trash bags and keep them alongside the Ivy house. I have plenty of driveway space left. And when we resume the search for a home... we'll be much more educated than before. "Before" being the time when we NOTHING about house buying.

But the messy house and the real estate education are little ripples in this pond of getting ready for our "big day" as they call it. I think Paul and I just hope for a very lovely day that keeps us together down this path of our "Big Life". And tomorrow, our lovely day and trip is only thirteen days away. To that, I say: "Salud!"

No comments: