And invariably, every four years I get drawn into watching the artistic opening ceremony, the parade of the countries and athletes, the lighting of the torch {wow-that was cool}, and quickly find myself, couch potato-like, in front of sports like women's sabre, road biking, badminton and sculls.

There is a magic to the games... and this year, the setting is such a fascinating place of contrasts. The Chinese approach to human rights is appalling, but one can't deny they know how to throw a party.
Also this year, I'm thinking about the Olympic events we are actively engaged in... well, they seem Olympic-sized. We proudly took an early gold in the How to Get a Better Interest Rate with Last Minute Scrambling 400. The results in the Planning Beyond the House Purchase & Move Jump are mixed at this time. Team Disorga Nization has been consistently lapping us in Keep All Your Critical Financial Documents in One Easy to Locate Place. The Throw Out All the Junk You Haven't Unpacked from Four Years Ago Hurdles were called yesterday on the account of conditions in the basement, but I've got a good feeling about that one. Next up: Creatively Packing Empty Boxes Relay and the Haven't Cracked that Book in Years and Unlikely to Toss. Not expecting to medal in that last one... Go USA!
1 comment:
Yuck. Moving.
I got sucked into the opening ceremony, and I thought it was brilliant. I only watched parts of the rest of the thing, though. Mainly gymnastics. The only events shown on evening television seem to be the ones we are likely to excel at—it's all in the marketing, I suppose. It's a shame.
Post a Comment