
Hopefully.
Paul and I are going to try to do the early voting thing because of traveling to Indiana during election week. We picked up a copy of the giant, yellow sample ballot at an election office and I've been "browsing" the issues. There are amendments on determining personhood, whether the casinos should get roulette tables or not, and whether or not a company executive can be prosecuted for the illegal acts of the company. At least that what I think the amendments are about.
See, someone in the election office is falling down on the job--the person who writes the "Sample Ballot for Dummies" version.
This person would take the legalese, terms like: concerning the manner or pursuant to the constitutional limit or all enterprise payments to the city shall phase out, etc. Now when you use the term enterprise and phase in the same sentence-- all the other Star Trek geeks out there and I immediately assume this issue is about the new JJ Abrams Star Trek movie... the one where Syler is Spock. If we vote 'yes', do we get a premiere party here in the Springs?!!?
Yes on 201!
So election office writer people, this editor suggests revising:
Concerning the manner = This is about
Pursuant to the constitutional limit = Until you cross the line
All enterprise payments to the city shall phase out = Beam me to a voting booth, Mr. Scott
Pursuant to the constitutional limit = Until you cross the line
All enterprise payments to the city shall phase out = Beam me to a voting booth, Mr. Scott
I also recommend you stop using all caps on your sample ballot as it looks like you're yelling. That doesn't seem very patriotic.
Speaking of election, as a longtime fan of Don Miller, I've appreciated his approach at sharing why he, as a Christian, is supporting Barack... as are Paul and myself. Here are some links that share insight into that support, in case one should be interested.
3 comments:
Funny, I just voted last night too and had the same struggle. Or was it the glass of red?
Amen to all of your endorsements..with one exception.
A McCain fan
Hey, there's Jason! It's like old times, huh?
I'm not going to vote until Tuesday, and I will proudly be casting my vote for Obama. I'll read through your links, but I don't feel the need to justify my vote.
Me again. I loved the Matthew 25 site! I am so angry over Focus on the Family's ludicrous letter that I was happy to find a way to respond.
Post a Comment