But it feels a bit therapeutic (the only reason to blog at all, right?) to at least put out there the reason we took a leave of absence. Very simply, my mom was probably the only regular reader and it was a way to share life with her. After she died in the fall, the only thing I really had to blog about was losing her and it just wasn't the right time and place for that. It still isn't the time or place.
However, it's a perfectly fine time to chat with the world about Sal. Sal is our gender-neutral nickname for the little Hill-Marchese mash-up developing even as I type. She/he is expected to join the household right around Thanksgiving (November 26th to be more precise), and promptly take over.
I have felt pretty good, no real complaints other than being pregnant is weird. My sister has been pregnant quite a bit of the last five years and I'm not really sure how you get used to it. Tiny bladder, weird aches, veiny legs. No caffeine, no adult beverages... and perhaps worst of all - no sushi.
To Paul's chagrin, we do not have plans to find out if Sal is a Salvatore or Sally Mae. I'm having long talks with baby about being modest during the next picture show (aka ultrasound).
The office/second bedroom/Sal's room was painted last month for visiting guests... pina colada. So, light yellow.
We are excited and terrified, in what I think are appropriate proportions. Having answering only to our own whims for most of our adult lives, Paul and I are certain God is about to introduce us to humility and acts of service in big new ways. Hope we make good students.
{Forget BabyWise.. this is the book for me :)}

1 comment:
I am inexcusably late with sympathy and congratulations. No excuses.
I am also excusably late with a happy birthday. We're nearly 10 years apart and at different notches of the lifespan gauge, so I'll watch your baby progress with only vague memories in mind. You'll be a great mother!
Post a Comment