Sunday, September 12, 2010

30 weeks and counting...

I think.

I lose track of the weeks thing sometimes. That could be problematic soon but at the moment, it just means I'm reading the wrong chapter in my "How to be a Pregnant Person" guide and thinking the baby is the size of melon when really it's a pineapple. I do believe we are now past the food comparison stages.

Lots has happened in the last couple months but this note is really about where Sal has been. In utero, obviously - but Oh, the Places You'll Go in utero.

We stayed close to home in May. In June, Sal and parents went to Las Vegas for a weekend. Don't let the Eiffel Tower fool you... Mom & Sal went to St. Louis and Dallas for short work trips. Sal *did not* love flying to those humid places. In July, the kiddo and I went to Ohio for Hollow Rock. Also humid but worth it for time with the Schmitz rugrats, friends and cousins. Then we drove to the top of Mt. Princeton in Buena Vista, CO, with Henry. He didn't pass out from the altitude. Not even out of the hatch and Sal has summited his or her first 14er! (See Colorado Fourteeners) In August, the family took a bit of time for a western-based road trip, up through Wyoming, into Montana to visit the Grahams and kick around Glacier NP (see header photo), and back down through Yellowstone.
Hiking Glacier Gangsta - look for our rap album. Sal at powwow in Heart Butte, MT.
Hanging out by 1 of 10,000 geo thermal features in Yellowstone NP. That's sulfur, Sal - not Mommy.

And lest I be neglectful of Sal's certain future love for America's game... we all made it to two Rockies games this season. Our friends - Cubs fans - don't seem too heartbroken that they just got whooped by Carlos Gonzalez's game-winning CYCLE.


Next week, Sal and I have a conference in Indianapolis (500 authors!) and we'll be back in Ohio to spend a bit of time with the whole Hill crew before our "confinement".

I would love to say that our little developing person jetsetted to Paris, Dublin, and Dubai - but that will have to wait a few months, at least. And until Paul wins the Lotto or invents the next post-it note.

No comments: